Over the past couple of weeks, I have had several people over here mention they were provided the link to this blog...which means readership in the States is probably growing as well. I extend a big "hello" to all new readers.
Many times leading up to this deployment, people approached Jessica and I and told us to let them know if there was anything they could do. I think we have reached the point where we would like to cash in on some of those offers. This will also be an opportunity to pull everyone, old and new readers, in on a cause you can impact beginning today.
The snow in the mountain passes continues to melt over here, allowing insurgents to flood back into our Area of Operations. This influx of insurgents brings with it the annual spring offensive, and added danger to our Soldiers.
So, here's what you can do to support:
1) Pray. I know I mention that a lot on here, but it's because it's the most important, most effective thing you can do. I'm not talking about adding in a sentence or two while your thanking God for your mashed potatoes...I'm talking about real-get-on-your-knees-and-mean-it-type-prayer. Our Soldiers are entering the most dangerous period of this deployment. Most have been home for leave, and are (like me) beginning to count the days. They need the strength to maintain their focus as this begins to come to a close, especially in the face of recent attacks. I can tell you from my experience, there is nothing more difficult than climbing back into a vehicle over here after an IED or ambush, and staying focused on your mission. Bravo Company 168 is already back on patrol, and I know events from a couple of days ago weighs heavily on them and their families.
2) Donate. Recent weeks have seen some severe attacks over here. In February, a very large IED injured several RED BULLS members. One of these Soldiers is Corporal Adam Eilers. Adam sustained multiple injuries, to include possible brain damage. There is a benefit scheduled for him on April 23rd. There is also a facebook site set up at: ADAM PATRICK EILERS BENEFIT.
I'll do my best to keep you informed if/when opportunities arise for the recently injured 168 Soldiers. Thank you for your support.
No comments:
Post a Comment