Thursday, April 14, 2011

my protesters.

As I mentioned last week, it was very disheartening to see the military used as a bargaining chip the way it was during the budget stand-off. Members of both sides of the political aisle are to blame, and should be ashamed. I firmly stand by what I said previously in questioning just what in the heck is going on back home. Although I am seriously beginning to question the commitment of some people, there is one group I know who will always have our back...

Proudly pictured below is my family. Even though my family would have weathered the absence of a few paychecks okay, they still went forward (along with several other families) to the Federal building in Des Moines and stuck up for what is right for the military as a whole.

There are many, many budget battles and stand-offs yet to come. Because of this, Jess has decided to keep close tabs on the lobbying efforts to bring a bill into law that will ensure the military is paid during situations such as we saw last week. Rest assured, I will inform you if there is anything you can do to assist (petitions, letters, etc.).

Last (and before it occurs), a flood of emails or comments on here expressing your commitment to the military is not necessary. We know the type of commitment we have from our families, friends and readers of this blog.

Grant: "Pay my Daddy!"
Jess: "They fight for freedom, not for free!"
Brynna: "I haven't seen my dad for half my life, now you're giving him half his pay!?!?"

Contact Jess if you want to hear the story of how her meeting with some congressional staffers went. Very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment