Thursday, April 21, 2011

BULL WHIP Part 9

More pics to share...

Breakfast...coffee, crackers, oysters and spray cheese.

ANA Soldier assisting COL Corell with tying off his poncho.

ANA Soldiers inside their bunker.



The ANA insisted that I see their bunker, and critique it. They did a great job on it, and I told them so. Yes, at this point (day 4 or 5, I was starting to get sun burned...bad).

These flowers were everywhere, although I'm not sure what it's called. It appeared to only grow at the higher altitude on top of Magic Mountain (later, when we went to the valley floor, I didn't see any of these growing). The ANA showed us how to dig them up and eat the bulb that was located at the roots.



The inside of the bulbs were hard to get to...it was like trying to get into a small coconut.

The edible part of the plant. It tasted like a walnut. Not bad, but not very filling.

No comments:

Post a Comment