Okay, I'm going to attempt to get caught up on things...
We left MARCH Air Force Base (LA area) on Oct 15th, and flew to Pease International Airport in Portsmouth, New Hampshire prior to leaving the United States. Pease is quite the experience. Upon arrival, we were greeted by over 100 Portsmouth residents. They shook our hands, thanked us for our service, and provided coffee and donuts. After about 45 minutes, they called us back in to the boarding area of the terminal, and conducted a half hour ceremony. The ceremony included a presentation of some gifts, and a salute from area veterans. I was quite impressed by everything. The "Pease Greeters," as they call themselves have now greeted close to 400 plane loads of service members in recent years, and operate on donations. If you care to learn more or donate, more information is available at their website: http://www.peasegreeters.org
Sorry, I didn't get any pics while in New hampshire.
No comments:
Post a Comment