Tuesday, October 12, 2010

my cover.


In the Army, we do not wear hats, caps or berets. Okay, we do, but that's not what we call them. We wear our "cover." The manner in which you wear your cover tends to say a lot about you as a solider. If your cover is messed up, than chances are, so are you. Your cover goes with you wherever you go, and is always nearby. Above is a picture of the inside of my cover. I copied a verse inside it awhile back, which is a reminder that no matter how tired and exhausted I may become, there is always rest to be found in Christ.

The verse is Matthew 11, 28-30. "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

In three days, we will be changing uniforms. We are switching from the 'new' digital pattern to MULTICAM, which is a camouflage pattern designed specifically for Afghanistan. Our Brigade is the first in the U.S. Army to be fully issued MULTICAM prior to deploying to Afghanistan. With the new camoflauge comes a new cover, and I haven't yet decided what verse to inscribe in it. If anyone has any ideas, please respond to the comments section underneath this post, or email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment