On another note...I was able to visit Sharana a couple of weeks ago. I will post pictures and the story later on...perhaps after my R&R leave.
Saturday, May 14, 2011
Kuwait
I made it to Ali Al Salem Air Base here in Kuwait yesterday. My flight to Atlanta is scheduled to leave this evening. If all goes as planned, I should make it home early afternoon on Sunday.
Going through briefings upon arrival at Ali Al Salem.
Signs and benches mark the outside waiting areas. Kuwait is the gateway for both Iraq and Afghanistan.
I thought this was interesting. The signs here signify the major bases in both theatres. Baghdad, Bagram, Kandahar, Balad, Al Asad...and Sharana?! Sharana is the base that my platoon established in 2004!
On another note...I was able to visit Sharana a couple of weeks ago. I will post pictures and the story later on...perhaps after my R&R leave.
On another note...I was able to visit Sharana a couple of weeks ago. I will post pictures and the story later on...perhaps after my R&R leave.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment