This is going to be a bit of a random post, as I'm trying really hard to wrap up the BULL WHIP posts...First off, here are some links to articles I found regarding the operation.
Beginning the first night of the operation, we noticed that almost ALL the F-15 pilots we were talking to were females. Later, I ran across this
article after returning from the operation.
Des Moines Register
article on BULL WHIP.
101st AIRBORNE's webpage
article on BULL WHIP.
101st AIRBORNE's webpage with an
article focused on the aviation unit (TASK FORCE PHOENIX) that inserted us. TF PHOENIX was absolutely awesome to work with.
101st AIRBORNE's webpage with an
article on the Division Commander's visit to OP2. Some of you may recognize the Captain in the second picture of the article.
Also, even more pics to share...

Battle tracking.

Hanging out.

Day 5. Sunburnt, lips chapped, tired and hungry while trying to make honest recommendations to the Commander about when to end the operation...instead of saying..."Ya know Sir, I think our work here is done! Now let's go back to Bagram! This place is starting to suck!"

Staff Sergeant Lester from Alpha Troop 1/113 CAV, the unit that provided our security (along with the Afghan National Army). SSG Lester was in charge of the mortar tube, and did some awfully impressive shooting...glad he's on our side.

Mustaches rule.
No comments:
Post a Comment