Tuesday, February 15, 2011

KGB

*I updated this post. I did the math wrong...an average of 50 hits a day for 200 days is 10,000ish hits, not 50,000.

I was noticing the gadget titled "hits" that I placed on the blog when I first set this up (scroll down to the lower right of this blog). This counter and others have proved to be fairly inaccurate, as they are reset from time to time and not all areas will register. For instance, there are several people in Afghanistan that read this blog, and none of their hits are registering. Also, it shows only 1,800 hits from the United States, and I know the number from the U.S. is more in the 10,000 range.

What I found interesting is that 2 hits from outside the United States are registering...Qatar (which was my own log-ins while at al Udeid), and Siberia? I set this blog up so it will not register in Google and other search engines. I also disabled the random "take me to the next blog" icon on blogger...So I'm not quite sure how someone stumbled across this.

Now I'm paranoid...as the title to this post suggests.

4 comments:

  1. I wouldn't worry about it, you're not as interesting as you think!! LOL!! J/K!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I see how it is...fine, we're even. That will teach me to leave comments on your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're probably the one who voted I will go after my due date. It's your fault I haven't had this baby yet!!! I guess I shouldn't have cursed the person who voted after!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Steph, do you remember that survey you sent me on email a couple years ago? "Danger" is my middle name!

    ReplyDelete