Saturday, February 19, 2011

GAMBERI 2

Officially, FOB GAMBERI is an ANA base. The members of the US ARMY whom are stationed there are mainly in an advise and assist role.

Below is a formation of ANA Soldiers who had just arrived from basic training. It won't take them long to see combat.



Me wearing the ANA patches I bought at the ANA "canteen."

I added this photo because of the building under construction to the right (with the blue tarp). The TF RED BULLS soldiers stationed at FOB GAMBERI began construction on this building, eventually it will be their gym. The Soldier leading the effort to build this is from Winterset...and I cant remember his name for the life of me right now. I suck.

Waiting in line at the ANA canteen.

Still waiting...


A few months ago, this group of ANA soldiers went through an intense ambush...45 ANA Soldiers were killed. This pile of vehicles is part of the aftermath.

Planning future operations...I can't even begin to explain how much patience it takes to work with the ANA...

The LEMV (eye in the sky)

No comments:

Post a Comment