Wednesday, December 22, 2010

UAE

There are many dining facilities here on Bagram to choose from, although no matter where you go to eat, the food is almost always the same.

One of the dining facilities that is not normally accessible is operated by the UAE...United Arab Emirates...(a country known mainly because of Dubai). Three times a week, they allow other coalition countries to dine in. We stopped in tonight for dinner...and I of course had to take a picture of my meal...mainly because I wanted evidence of what I was about to eat in the event that something went horribly wrong.

The food was decent, although it doesn't take much variety at this point for me to be impressed by a meal. Still not quite sure what all I had for dinner, although I think it's safe for me to rule out pork.

Not sure what was in the bowl on the left...it was kinda like that sauce they put on gyro's. The dish on the right was olive juice...I didn't quite get it. The rest is rice, chicken, goat, flatbread and some deep fried pot sticker like things.

Not sure why the Italians can't open up a dining facility?! Pizza sounds really good right now.

1 comment:

  1. Do you need some Tums in your care package? Looks like heartburn waiting to happen!!! Kevin

    ReplyDelete