Sunday, October 24, 2010

manas to bagram







Just some pics & video of the flight to Bagram from inside the C-17. Yes, I was very tired when the third pic was taken.

The video is comical if you listen to the crew chief...The Air Force had placed us in a holding area prior to our flight. 30 mins before our scheduled take-off, an Air Force Sergeant came running into our tent, and hurriedly ushered us to board buses that would take us to the flight line. There was much confusion on the part of the Air Force personnel, which to be fair is normally not their style.

Well, once in flight over Kyrgyzstan, the crew chief asked for a show of hands as to who was heading for Bagram. The video captures the crew chief after everybody aboard raised their hand. He says..."All right, I just wanted to make sure, apparently there was a mix up with you guys leaving out of the PAX (personnel) terminal, so I just wanted to make sure that everybody is going to Bagram. Thank you."

Hmmm...I don't know, maybe you should have asked that question prior to take off for Afghanistan?!

No comments:

Post a Comment