Hard to believe, but it's already time to start packing my bags for California. Time here has gone fairly quick. Tomorrow, my section is briefing our Commander on the plan to move the Brigade to Afghanistan. We hope it goes well. Our plan started off fairly simple, but has grown into one of the more complex operations I have ever been involved with. The logistics plan is incredible, and I swear I will never make fun of a logistics officer ever again (maybe).
The logistics world is very complicated....much more so than the Infantry world that I am so accustomed to. Generally speaking, we will launch from both California and Mississippi. It will take approx a month to move all personnel and equipment. At times, we will have soldiers in several different states, countries, and seaside ports worldwide at once. I speak generally because the future movement(s) of our military is very sensitive (see my first blog post that references OPSEC if you want to know more on this sensitivity). As for myself, I will be leaving direct from California next month. I will post more details on dates later.
Back to packing my bags...I start packing in the next couple of days. Jess and the kids will be here from the 8th through the 12th. EARLY morning on the 13th, I move out with my section to the National Training Center at Ft. Irwin. We will then spend a few weeks conducting our final training event.
I think that's all for now. Again, apologies for not being able to update this more than I have. Take care, I'll try to get updates going again very soon...Lee.
No comments:
Post a Comment