Today, we began taking down our tactical operations center (pictured in a previous post). Although a lot of work, it's a welcome sign of progress. We'll set up again in California next week...only to tear it down again next month. And yes, we'll set it up again when we reach Afghanistan. I'm beginning to feel like a roadie in a band.
Last night, I packed my bags (again). It's becoming a little difficult keep track of where everything is at. One bag is currently on a boat making its way to Pakistan, which I understand to be about a 2-3 month journey. Hopefully, my bag makes it through Pakistan to Afghanistan without being pillaged! Sounds as though only 95% of our stuff will arrive. In a couple of hours, I turn in my foot locker, which will be loaded onto a train headed for California. The remaining bags (Ruck Sack, Assault Pack and another duffel bag) will fly with me as checked baggage on the charter from Gulfport to California next week.
As I said before, I'm very much looking forward to seeing Jessica and kids this week. As it turns out, I'm flying out of Gulfport the same morning at the end of my pass. Please keep us (Jess and the kids especially) in your prayers as our family travels all over the place next Monday morning.
Also, in case you haven't been told, I am no longer able to receive mail while in Mississippi. My new mailing address is:
CPT Lee (my last name)
HHC 2/34 IBCT, TASK FORCE RED BULL
Rotation # 10-10
Fort Irwin, CA 92310
Take care, Lee.
No comments:
Post a Comment