Following the 4 day pass, 130 of us traveled from Camp Shelby to Gulfport to await our flight to California. Jess and the kids dropped me off at Camp Shelby around 8:45pm on the evening of the 12th. I packed my bags, and caught about an hour of sleep. I awoke at midnight, and we began loading bags at 12:45am on the 13th. At 2am, our busses departed for Gulfport Airport, where we arrived at 3:30am to await our charter flight. We sleep for a few hours in a hanger at the airport (pictured above), before finally departing on the charter around 8am. We arrived at SCLA (Southern California Logistics Airport) in Victorville, CA at 10:30am Pacific, where we loaded busses and drove 90 minutes to the National Training Center at Ft. Irwin, CA which is where I am currently. It was a long trip, but it is a relief to be here. We are finalizing our training plan, and getting ready for our final phase of training before heading to Afghanistan.
Friday, September 17, 2010
Goodbye Mississippi.
Following the 4 day pass, 130 of us traveled from Camp Shelby to Gulfport to await our flight to California. Jess and the kids dropped me off at Camp Shelby around 8:45pm on the evening of the 12th. I packed my bags, and caught about an hour of sleep. I awoke at midnight, and we began loading bags at 12:45am on the 13th. At 2am, our busses departed for Gulfport Airport, where we arrived at 3:30am to await our charter flight. We sleep for a few hours in a hanger at the airport (pictured above), before finally departing on the charter around 8am. We arrived at SCLA (Southern California Logistics Airport) in Victorville, CA at 10:30am Pacific, where we loaded busses and drove 90 minutes to the National Training Center at Ft. Irwin, CA which is where I am currently. It was a long trip, but it is a relief to be here. We are finalizing our training plan, and getting ready for our final phase of training before heading to Afghanistan.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment